Monday, May 16, 2011
Pineapple is the fruit of much benefit to health. At least there are 9 reasons why pineapple ought to be consumed.
Pineapple fruit consumed by the public good as the original fruit, juice or can be mixed into fruit salads, pickles and salad. Pineapple is one tropical fruit that can give effect to those who eat them fresh.
Here are some benefits of pineapple fruit makes a healthy body:
1. Rich in vitamins and mineralsReal benefits of pineapple is contain many vitamins and minerals, like calcium, potassium, fiber and vitamin C. In addition, low-fat and cholesterol.
2. Strengthen bonesOne of the benefits of pineapple is to help build healthy bones. Pineapple is rich in manganese, a mineral that is needed for the body to build bone and connective tissue. Just one cup of pineapple provides 73 percent of the daily recommended amount of manganese. The benefits of pineapple can affect bone growth in young people and strengthening of bones in the elderly.
3. Good for teethGums hold your teeth in place and the teeth will be in poor condition if you have unhealthy gums. By eating pineapple, you strengthen the gums for many years later.
4. Preventing macular degenerationPineapple contains more beta carotene is good for the eyes and vision. Studies show that eating three or more servings of pineapple a day can lower the chance to get macular degeneration associated with age, a major cause of vision loss in older people.
5. Helping ArthritisBromelain in pineapple is also regarded as an effective anti-inflammatory. Regular consumption of at least one-half cup daily fresh pineapple can relieve joint pain is recognized in osteoarthritis. In Germany, bromelain is approved as a drug because it is considered post-injury to reduce inflammation and swelling.
6. Relieves coughs and coldsThe benefits of pineapple when you have a cold or cough are the same as the benefits of orange juice, but no additional benefit of pineapple. Bromelain found in pineapples, has been found to help suppress coughs and loosen mucus.
7. DigestionBromelain found in pineapple helps in digestion. Eat one slice of pineapple after meals will reduce gas, bloating, nausea, constipation and symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome. Fresh pineapple juice also helps in removing intestinal worms.
8. Relieve Sinusitis and bronchitisBromelain has proven beneficial for upper respiratory tract infections such as sinusitis and bronchitis. Bromelain helps reduce inflammation of the nose and break up mucus in the nose, sinuses and respiratory areas.
9. Reducing the risk of blood clots and heart diseasePineapple can help reduce the risk of blood clots, thereby also preventing the occurrence of heart problems.
Sunday, May 15, 2011
CASHEW red bean plant is a much branched shrub. Plants that can grow in areas of low and high. Guava tree to 12 m tall with a large fruit diameter ranged from 2.5 cm to more than 10 cm. Generally favored guava flesh is soft, thick, and colored red with a sweet taste and fresh, a little seedy, and large.
Red guava contains many nutrients that can be used as medicine. Parimin (2007) states, 100 grams of fresh ripe guava contains 0.9 grams of protein, 0.3 grams fat, 12.2 grams carbohydrates, 14 mg calcium, 28 mg phosphorus, 1.1 mg of iron, and 86 grams of water with total calories 49 calories. Vitamin C content of red guava double from sweet orange that just 49 mg per 100 grams of fruit. Optimum vitamin C content when the fruit will be ripe.
Besides vitamin C, red guava contain lycopene. Lycopene is a carotenoid compounds (important in plant pigment that gives red color) that have antioxidant activity to ward off free radicals, thereby protecting the body against some types of diseases, including cancer. Lycopene content of red guava abundant, ie, 5200 mg per 100 grams of fruit - ranked second, after tomatoes. Lycopene is also one of phytochemical compounds or phytonutrients that are beneficial to health, such as other carotenoid compounds, namely xanthine and lutein.
The main purpose of lycopene inhibits physical function and mental deterioration, among others, make people not easily confused. Lycopene also prevent cancer of the pancreas, cervix, and gastrointestinal tract. Epistemological Research lycopene by Italian researchers included 2706 cases of oral cavity cancer, pharynx, esophagus, stomach, colon and rectum, if the increased consumption of lycopene, especially on the guava red fleshy fruit, providing a protective effect on the body.
Lycopene in red guava potent cancer prevention, particularly prostate cancer. Studies from Harvard University found evidence in a study of 48,000 men, respondents most widely add lycopene intake in the diet decreases the risk of prostate cancer 45%. Yale University study involving 473 men show evidence of prostate cancer-free men who had more than the blood levels of lycopene in cancer patients.
Real men do not need strong medicine to boost sexual desire. By increasing the consumption of regular red guava, healthy and happy life is not a dream for them. Lycopene is believed to increase the number and improve the structure of the sperm and increase vitality. So automatic lycopene enhance male fertility.
A study in India of 30 infertile couples who can not prove, sperm men who ate lycopene 20 mg three months continuously increased 67%. Improvement of sperm structure they had increased by 63% and sperm velocity increased 73%.
Giving red guava juice as a way to increase platelet arguably have become tradition in the community when stricken with dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF). Because, during the treatment of DHF patients continues to be supportive, that is to overcome the plasma fluid loss due to increased permeability of capillary blood vessels. Doctor Ety from RS Mitra Keluarga states, red guava juice only improve your physical condition in order to keep fit, so avoid the attack of DHF. There was no correlation between red guava juice and DHF.
Now, the red guava processed products are numerous and easily available in the market with different brands. Refined products in the form of juice in a glass cup, plastic bottle, and bottle paper facilitate the public to consume. There are made jelly in a plastic cup and cooled in a refrigerator. Once thickened, red guava jelly can be drunk directly.
Red guava can also be made of flour for making instant beverages, food supplements in infants, and other products. All products are processed it is a useful source of lycopene for the health of our bodies.